Top 10 ( plus one) journey parallels between cancer and spirituality…
- The appearance of the issue is surprising, and upends any pre-existing sense of comfort or complacency.
- Conflicting truth claims challenge what may have previously felt like a cozy epistemological parking spot.
- Outcomes are unclear, and gathering more information does not necessarily clarify which course of action to pursue.
- Regardless of overwhelm, inaction does not present as a viable option.
- The situation demands radical new ways of living and permanent life changes.
- Lessons along the way. (Prepare your heart to be rent wide open.)
- Setbacks, road-blocks, apparent impediments.
- Epistemology again: ” How to tell if this is working ?”
- The priceless value of spiritual friends; the lifesaving support of community.
- Done! Really done? Done.
- Afterward: dreamlike appearance of everything that happened.
Commentary to follow.